Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Double checking

I wanted to double check on if I should get another test done or not. I took the Hiv test 10 months after I could have been exposed which was negative and my boyfriend took one 8 months after we started having sex and his came out negative as well. I am 7 months pregnant now and I was wondering if I should take another test? Because I have researched that it is harder for females the transmit the virus to males.

Response from Dr. Luzuriaga

The current recommendation is that all pregant women should be tested for HIV, regardless of perceived risk. So I would recommend that you be re-tested during pregnancy, even though your past tests have not indicated cause for concern.

How Possible
Test 2