Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Eye Floaters

Hi Dr. Jackson,

Thanks for your valuable input to this forum. I had a question about eye floaters. Could they be a sign of recent, acute HIV infection? I have seen an increase in floaters in both eyes, yet tested negative via ELISA at 3 months. I am still concerned and don't know what to make of them.

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Response from Dr. Jackson

I am unaware that eye floaters have been associated with HIV infection. The fact that you are negative for HIV antibody by ELISA 3 months after exposure should be ressuring that you are not HIV infected. I suggest that you see an opthalmologist for your eye floaters which are unrelated to HIV infection.

BJ

hiv+ male & possibilities to become a father
Is it accurate?