Women and HIVWomen and HIV

he's on sustiva can it harm a fetus?

My husband and i both are hiv+ i am taking crixivan, zerit & epivir. He's on sustiva and combovir. i've heard that there are some negative side effects found in baby monkeys with sustiva. my question should my husband stop taking it? is there a chance that the drug can cause harm to a fetus? even though my husband is the one taking this medication? if so what is the percentage? thank you

Response from Dr. Sullivan

Sustiva has been associated with birth defects in monkeys receiving the drug during gestation; there is no evidence that a male taking this or any other antiretroviral therapy could harm a partners fetus.JLS.

HIV2/rare strains?
pregnancy with HIV