Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Would I not be in the special cases of AIDS?

Dear doctor,

Please answer this ASAP. I am in desperate because I heard the special cases of AIDS. A Korean doctor said he had seen the African AIDS positive case at 2 years in an AIDS magazine. So, he said the special cases of AIDS will not test positive at 6 months after an exposure. I am just single normal Korean woman. I am afraid if I will not be tested at 6 months because I dont know who are the special cases. It made me be nervous. Question : 1. What is the problem that the special cases of AIDS will not produce the AIDS antibodies at 6 months? Pls let me know the reason. 2. Would I not be in the special cases of AIDS?

I am worrying about if I will be in the special cases of AIDS since I heard it. It is hard to take the yearly testing for the rest of my life if Ill be in the special cases.

My email : ksej@hotmail.com Thanks & regards Christine

Response from Dr. Sullivan

If an individual has been infected with HIV they will have HIV antibodies which can easily be detected by 6 months after infection; in very rare instances[less than 1 in 1000/10000] an individual may not make antibodies and still be infected.JLS.

Pediatric HIV treatment centers
HIV2/rare strains?