|transmission from hiv+ father?
Jun 12, 2001
Has the baby more chances of infection by hiv, if the father is positive. How does hiv + positive semen affect conception? Thank you
Response from Dr. Jackson
An HIV+ father poses a risk of the baby becoming infected because the pregnant woman may become infected from the father at the time of conception or during pregnancy and in turn infect the baby. It is not known whether HIV+ semen affects conception unless the sperm count is low as a consequence of advanced HIV infection.
Is it safe to get pregnant??
- Can You Get A.i.d.s. If Your Father Had It?
- Penis Discharge After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Hole In Condom Worried I Have HIV
- How Does Thrush Spread To Other People?
- Vaginal Discharge Viral Infection Complications
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.