Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Please help me...my unborn child depends on it.

I am pregnant and tested negative last month. However at my last ob/gyn visit when getting of the exam table I cut my bare toe on the part of the table that you step on to get off. It bleed a small amount. I did not mention it to my doctor because I did not think it was a big deal until I got home an thought about it. Could I have contracted HIV this way and should I be retested in 3 mos. and should my husband wear a condom until I know for sure. We do not engage in any high risk activities. I am scared to death. We have been trying to have a baby for 4 years and I afraid something could now jepordize it. Please answer I am really frightend or perhaps paranoid. Thanks

Response from Dr. Jackson

You are at no risk of contracting HIV this way. Stop worrying about it.

BJ

Testing during IVF/ICSI
Is there a cure for AIDS?