Women and HIVWomen and HIV

changing drugs

I have been on Videx & Zerit for nearly 3 years now and my viral load is <20 & CD4 about 600. However, my first regimen was AZT & 3TC for about 6 weeks. I find Videx very difficult now. I would like to change to another regimen. What combinations are available with the drugs that I already took? I understand that I may have 3TC resistance because of taking it for 6 weeks. I am an Asian girl, height 150cms and weight 38 kilos. I currently take 250mg of Videx. Can I lower this dose?

Response from Dr. Sullivan

You could consider once daily Videx; you could also drop the videx and add 3TC and nevirapine; you could also use a protease inhibitor in combination with two other drugs; it is most important that you have an HIV specialist that treats many HIV infected patients; this physician will be able to advise you on the best regimens available for you. John L. Sullivan, M.D.

Transmission through breast milk.
Support systems available to pregnant women with AIDS