Women and HIVWomen and HIV

I have CMV.

My blood test is + to CMV. I am perfectly healthy. I like to be pregnant but I worry about child health. What can I do that my child to be born healthy? I hope to get reply because I do not know what to do?

Response from Dr. Jackson

Approximately half of adults in their 30s are in fact CMV antibody positive which carries very little risk to a newborn unless the CMV infection is acquired during pregnancy. Your immunity now to CMV, as evidenced by your positive CMV antibody test, will in fact help protect the fetus against CMV causing any CMV disease in your newborn.

Brooks Jackson, M.D.

CYTOMEGALOVIRUS
lesbians and aids