Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Mother to child infection.

What is the influence of ancient feeding patterns on an infected mother and child. Information on the transmission of HIV from mother to child. Counselling you can offer to an HIV mother that has a child.

Response from Dr. Luzuriaga

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "ancient feeding practices", so I can not answer this question.

For information on mother-to-child transmission, please see the "Basics" section of this Web site. Extensive, referenced information on mother-to-child transmission is also available in the Treatment Guidelines for Pregnant Women, available on this web site in the "Guidelines" section.

The question that you posed regarding counseling is fairly broad -- was there a more specific topic or issue that you had in mind?

2yr old and exposure
Question on past response