Women and HIVWomen and HIV

what about AZT

I was Just diagnosed at 22.3 weeks. My doctor put me on Viracept and combivir. I was wondering if I should be on AZT? I'm very scared and confused. Thank You.

Response from Dr. Sullivan

You are on AZT as well as 3TC and nelfinivir; this is triple combination therapy with a very potent regimen which should make your virus undetectable in the blood; if you achieve undetectable HIV RNA levels in the blood and these are maintained through pregnancy and delivery you will have a greater than 99% chance of having a baby that is not HIV infected; JLS.

about getting pregnant
Having A Baby