Mar 28, 2001
I AM A LAB TECH WHO HAS ACCESS TO HIV TESTING. WHILE PREGNANT I DECIDED TO DO MY OWN TEST. I USED MY PLASMA AND MY SERUM...JUST TO BE SURE. MY PLASMA ELISA TEST WAS NEGATIVE (REPEATED IN QUADRUPLICATE) MY SERUM TEST HAD THE SLIGHTEST BIT OF COLOR IN IT(DONE ONLY ONCE). I AM CONCERNED. JUST THAT SLIGHT COLOR WAS ENOUGH TO MAKE ME PANIC...ANY ADVICE...I DONT THINK I COULD LIVE THROUGH ANY MORE TESTS. THIS ONE HAS MADE MY LIFE HELL.
Response from Dr. Sullivan
You are most assuredly HIV antibody negative; you should not be testing your own blood; if you have continued concerns, you should discuss your situation with your physician;JLS.
about getting pregnant
- Odds Of Getting HIV Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Blisters After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Oral Sex Hooker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Night Sweats After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.