Mar 28, 2001
I AM A LAB TECH WHO HAS ACCESS TO HIV TESTING. WHILE PREGNANT I DECIDED TO DO MY OWN TEST. I USED MY PLASMA AND MY SERUM...JUST TO BE SURE. MY PLASMA ELISA TEST WAS NEGATIVE (REPEATED IN QUADRUPLICATE) MY SERUM TEST HAD THE SLIGHTEST BIT OF COLOR IN IT(DONE ONLY ONCE). I AM CONCERNED. JUST THAT SLIGHT COLOR WAS ENOUGH TO MAKE ME PANIC...ANY ADVICE...I DONT THINK I COULD LIVE THROUGH ANY MORE TESTS. THIS ONE HAS MADE MY LIFE HELL.
Response from Dr. Sullivan
You are most assuredly HIV antibody negative; you should not be testing your own blood; if you have continued concerns, you should discuss your situation with your physician;JLS.
about getting pregnant
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Insertive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Anal Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.