Mar 9, 2001
I am 29 weeks pregnant. I am currently on AZT (never on meds before this either, there was no need) I need some actual proof about breastfeeding transmission in a case like mine. Before I started the azt my VL was only 1500. Going crazy here because nursing my child is very important to me, even if it is only a month or so. Help!! I am so confused.
Response from Dr. Sullivan
Breastfeeding is associated with HIV tansmission, accounting for 30-40% of all HIV infected children in the developing world where breastfeeding is practiced; if you brestfeed you are putting your infant at risk for infection;I would recommend that you receive more than AZT monotherapy as you are at risk for developing AZT resistant virus; JLS.
why do i bleed?
- Ache In Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Bronchitis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Balls After Sucking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.