Women and HIVWomen and HIV

breastfeeding??

I am 29 weeks pregnant. I am currently on AZT (never on meds before this either, there was no need) I need some actual proof about breastfeeding transmission in a case like mine. Before I started the azt my VL was only 1500. Going crazy here because nursing my child is very important to me, even if it is only a month or so. Help!! I am so confused.

Response from Dr. Sullivan

Breastfeeding is associated with HIV tansmission, accounting for 30-40% of all HIV infected children in the developing world where breastfeeding is practiced; if you brestfeed you are putting your infant at risk for infection;I would recommend that you receive more than AZT monotherapy as you are at risk for developing AZT resistant virus; JLS.

why do i bleed?
Parvovirus B19