|kill HIV in mothers milk???
Mar 6, 2001
I saw somewhere on the internet, but cant find it again, that if breast milk is heated to about 60 degrees Celcius for certain time period, this would kill HIV cells in the milk, while still attaining 80 of mothers good antibodies in the milk? Can you please comment on this and do you know where I can get more information on the procedure. Thank you ahead for your response.
Response from Dr. Sullivan
It is true that HIV is sensitive to temperature; research studies are in progress to determine methods to make brestfeeding by HIV infected mothers safe for their infants; there are at present no methods that have been adequately tested.JLS.
Response from Dr. Jackson
Drying up breast milk after delivery
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Sex With A Prostitute
- Flu Symptoms After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Night Sweats After Getting Head Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Tingling In Feet After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.