Women and HIVWomen and HIV

kill HIV in mothers milk???

I saw somewhere on the internet, but cant find it again, that if breast milk is heated to about 60 degrees Celcius for certain time period, this would kill HIV cells in the milk, while still attaining 80 of mothers good antibodies in the milk? Can you please comment on this and do you know where I can get more information on the procedure. Thank you ahead for your response.

Response from Dr. Sullivan

It is true that HIV is sensitive to temperature; research studies are in progress to determine methods to make brestfeeding by HIV infected mothers safe for their infants; there are at present no methods that have been adequately tested.JLS.

Response from Dr. Jackson

Drying up breast milk after delivery