Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Drying up breast milk after delivery

Do you know the name of the drug that was given to women in the early 90's to dry up breast milk after delivery? I heard it was taken off the market due to a few bad reactions to it. It was given to me in 93 after the birth of my son and worked great. In 98 after another birth they said it was off the market and I had to let my breasts dry up on their own. It was very painful. I am now preganant again and want to know if the drug can be legally obtained in Mexico? Is there anything else like it that is safe?

Response from Dr. Sullivan

I do not know of such a drug; you should consult your obstetrician or pediatrician.JLS.

How can babies born form HIV positive mothers not being infected?
kill HIV in mothers milk???