Feb 7, 2001
Hello, I wonder if antibody screen is the same as blood-sensitization test.If not could you explain to me the main difference in a few words? Many thanks.
Response from Dr. Jackson
The HIV antibody screen is a test that detects antibody that is specifically against HIV. If this test is reactive then the screening test is confirmed by performing another test called the HIV Western blot, which is capable of detecting different antibodies to the different proteins of HIV.
parental rights re breastfeediing HIV+ mother, -father
- If I Have Ars Will I Have Sore Throat?
- Is Groin Pain A Symptom Of HIV?
- Is Red Spots A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Bloody Urine After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.