|I am thinking of marrying a HIV+ woman
Jan 21, 2002
Hello. I am thinking of marrying a HIV+ woman. She has AIDS, but has no side effects to meds. Can she have kids? Thanks for the servive you provide.
Response from Dr. Jackson
HIV infected women do have babies and the risk of the infant becoming infected during pregnancy can be greatly reduced to about 2% if antiretrovirals are taken during pregnancy. You might want to consider artificial insemination to induce pregnancy in order to protect yourself from becoming infected.
What about us?
period and pregnancy
- Can You Get HIV From Touching An Open Scab?
- Dizziness After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Touching Period Blood Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Throat After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.