|False positive test during a females first trimester
Jan 8, 2002
Is it true: During a women's pregnancy, if she test within her first trimester, she could end up with a false positive.
Response from Dr. Jackson
The risk of a false poisitive HIV antibody screening test appears to be higher during pregnancy, but the confirmatory Western blot test will not be positive.
wanting to try again?
breastfeeding and possible exposure
- Muscle Ache After Sex With Hooker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Mouth After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Had Hepatitis B Vaccine Can You Still Get Hepatitis B
- How Long Does It Take To Get Std Symptoms?
- How Long Does Vaginal Thrush Last?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.