|Blood screening tests
Jan 6, 2002
I believe you said recently on this forum that the tests that the blood banks in this country use screen for HIV 1 subtype o. Is this true?
Response from Dr. Jackson
Yes, the HIV antibody tests licensed to screen blood in the United States do detcet HIV-1 subtype O.
blood donor screening
Type O Infection
- Is Acute Bronchitis A Sign Of Hiv?
- Will There Ever Be A Cure For Hpv Genital Warts Infection?
- Which Is Better To Treat Genital Warts Tca Treatment Or Cream?
- What Is The Name Of The Shingles Vaccine?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes When No Outbreaks?
- What To Do If Treatment Did Not Work For Gonorrhea Or Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.