|Blood screening tests
Jan 6, 2002
I believe you said recently on this forum that the tests that the blood banks in this country use screen for HIV 1 subtype o. Is this true?
Response from Dr. Jackson
Yes, the HIV antibody tests licensed to screen blood in the United States do detcet HIV-1 subtype O.
blood donor screening
Type O Infection
- Flu Symptoms After Touching Dried Blood Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Ejaculation After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Touching Vaginal Fluid Worried I Have HIV
- Does Genital Warts Virus Ever Go Away?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.