|Blood screening tests
Jan 6, 2002
I believe you said recently on this forum that the tests that the blood banks in this country use screen for HIV 1 subtype o. Is this true?
Response from Dr. Jackson
Yes, the HIV antibody tests licensed to screen blood in the United States do detcet HIV-1 subtype O.
blood donor screening
Type O Infection
- Pain In Urethra After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have
- Sore On Tongue After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Spots After Touching A Bloody Scab Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Does Hpv Last Without A Host?
- What Are Std Symptoms On Tongue?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.