| blood donor screening
Jan 6, 2002
I know that you are an expert in blood banking. Do the tests that are used to screen blood donor blood in the USA detect HIV 1 group O? Thanks,
Response from Dr. Jackson
Yes, the HIV antibody tests that are licensed to screen blood in the United States do detect HIV-1 O.
Blood screening tests
- Burning Penis After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Touching Dried Blood Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Touching Anus Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Rash After Eating Food Made By Someone With HIV Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Urination After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.