Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Effects of HIV+ Mom's combo on HIV- son

Hello. During the course of my pregnancy, I took Fortovase and Combivir. I was wondering if there were any longterm effect studies done on HIV- children whose mothers took combo therapy while pregnant. If so, could you direct me to a website or address where I may get that information. Thank you.

Response from Dr. Luzuriaga

There are several documents in the "Treatment Issues for Pregnancy and Newborns" section of this web site that discuss the use of combination antiretroviral therapies during pregnancy and ongoing research to determine the long-term effects on exposed infants.

KL

Katherine Luzuriaga, M.D.

hiv in newborn
HIV+ considering pregnancy