|how long can a person live if they are HIV +??
Nov 20, 2000
Hello-We just found out a few months ago that my sister is HIV positive, what is the statistics on long a person can live with Hiv??
Response from Dr. Jackson
Without treatment it takes about 10 years on average for an HIV+ person to develop full-blown AIDS from the time of infection. Once a person has symptoms of AIDS the majority of patients die within 2 years. However, with treatment people can live many years longer but we do not know yet know how long because potent drug treatment regimens are relatively new.
Brooks Jackson, M.D.
The difference in symptoms between men and women
aids medication therapy
- How Long Do Hiv Positive People Live?
- How Long Does An Hiv Positive Person Live?
- Without Treatment How Long Can You Live With AIDS
- How Long Can A Person Live With Hiv Aids?
- How Long After A Person Is Infected With Hiv Do You Get Symptoms?
- What If You Took Medicine For Chlamydia And I Still Have Symptoms What Does That Mean?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.