Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Could My Baby be HIV Positive

My wife gave birth to a baby boy who is now 18 months old. She was HIV Positive and took AZT before and intravenously during child birth. The initial tests during the 1st 8 months showed no trace of HIV. He is lively and communicative but has developed a number of small warts on his neck. What does this indicate ?

Response from Dr. Sullivan

It is quite common for normal infants to get a form of warts called molluscum contagiosum; the negative HIV tests over the first 8 months of life indicate that your child is not infected with HIV. JLS.

John L. Sullivan, M.D.

do condoms really work
Re: Birth Control Pills 8/23/00