Nov 15, 2001
Hi Dr. Bruce,
1) I also have a problem of prostatitis. Can this cause an increase in neutrophil count and reduce the lymph counts?? Also what is the risk of getting testicular cancer if you have prostatitis??
2) Would a burning sensation in the tongue be associated with a tongue cancer??
Response from Dr. Dezube
Dear worried person:
Cancerphobia is unfortunately very common. Knowledge is the best way to deal with cancer fears.
Prostatitis, as well as any inflammation or infection, can and often does lead to an increase in the neutrophil count. The effect of prostatis on lymphocytes is much more variable. I am NOT aware of any association between testicular cancer and prostatitis.
Tongue cancer usually presents as growth. Although, I imagine, tongue cancer may cause a burning sensation of the tongue, it would be most unusal and highly improbable for tongue cancer to cause a burning sensation of the tongue as the only symptom.
If you find your cancer fears are overwhelming, I would strongly urge you to seek professional help. BD.
Hodgkin's disease and HIV; why am I soooo tired? Will my CD4 counts rise?
False negative HIV test with KS-HIV?
- Red Spots After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Can Hepatitis Cause Excessive Saliva At Night?
- Can You Use Triple Antibiotic Ointment On Genital Warts?
- How Much Does It Cost To Get Tested For Stds?
- What Are The Little White Bumps On My Penis? Not A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.