AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

Relapsed AIDS lymphoma; what do you think of my chemotherapy regimen?

I recently wrote about my swollen lymph node under my arm. My Gallium Scan not only lit up under my arm, but everywhere else. I had had a negayive gallium in July. I started MINE chemotherapy. The lump is almost gone. My doctor will admit me each time as this treatment makes me too ill to go home. Let's hope number 3 is my lucky number and will be my last chemotherapy. I'm on neupogen. My nurse told me that this is a hard line regimen.

Response from Dr. Dezube

I'm sorry to hear about the latest chain of events. It's hard enough to get a lymphoma diagnosis; hearing that it's come back can be really tough. I'm happy to hear that you are responding to the MINE chemotherapy; your nurse is correct that this is a hard regimen- hopefully it's hard on your tumor. Is your viral load maximally suppressed? This is very important in terms of controlling your lymphoma. Assuming that your lymphoma goes back into remission, some oncologists would refer you for a stem cell transplant (this would use your own stem cells). There are some data to suggest that this will help keep your lymphoma away. If you have a sibling, who would match, some oncologists would perform a mini-allo transplant, also known as "transplant-lite". Your oncologist should be able to provide you with more information regarding these options. Best of luck. BD.

Kindly please answer me!
Do you think my lymphoma is relapsing?