AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

I hate my primary care doctor; I'm sick and tired of him

Dr Dezube, I'm just sick and tired of my doctor's incompetence time and time again. I stuck with him because if i change my primary care doctor, I'll loose my Oncologist and you know better than anyone how terrifying it would be to loose your oncologist especially going through this hell of a disease. I hate my primary care doctor...But i stuck with him. That's why I use Professionals like your self and others on the body for a second option.Thank you.

Response from Dr. Dezube

As you can well imagine, this is a tough query for me to respond to. It simply does not pay to stay in any type or relationship in which trust is completely eroded as suggested by your e-mail. (This applies to not just doctor-patient relationships, but to other types of relationships). While you are being treated for your cancer, hopefully your oncologist can fill the void of giving you expert advise. HOWEVER, at some point, assuming your cancer is treated successfully, you will need to wean off your oncologist and connect back to primary care. At that point, I would suggest you ask your oncologist or a local AIDS organization or a friend for some advice regarding a new primary care provider. I'm not saying this because of competence issues (I'm in no position to judge him). I'm saying this because I simply think you need to establish a trusting relationship. I wish you a lot of luck in this regard. Your situation sounds awful.

What about African KS?
Blood Vessels in my nose-- What can I do about them?