The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I hate my primary care doctor; I'm sick and tired of him
Sep 3, 2001

Dr Dezube, I'm just sick and tired of my doctor's incompetence time and time again. I stuck with him because if i change my primary care doctor, I'll loose my Oncologist and you know better than anyone how terrifying it would be to loose your oncologist especially going through this hell of a disease. I hate my primary care doctor...But i stuck with him. That's why I use Professionals like your self and others on the body for a second option.Thank you.

Response from Dr. Dezube

As you can well imagine, this is a tough query for me to respond to. It simply does not pay to stay in any type or relationship in which trust is completely eroded as suggested by your e-mail. (This applies to not just doctor-patient relationships, but to other types of relationships). While you are being treated for your cancer, hopefully your oncologist can fill the void of giving you expert advise. HOWEVER, at some point, assuming your cancer is treated successfully, you will need to wean off your oncologist and connect back to primary care. At that point, I would suggest you ask your oncologist or a local AIDS organization or a friend for some advice regarding a new primary care provider. I'm not saying this because of competence issues (I'm in no position to judge him). I'm saying this because I simply think you need to establish a trusting relationship. I wish you a lot of luck in this regard. Your situation sounds awful.

What about African KS?
Blood Vessels in my nose-- What can I do about them?

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint