AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

Itchy skin; is my lymphoma acting up?

In the past couple of weeks my skin has just driven me crazy. it burns and the icthing is so intense. This past week low grade temps 100.2 and nightsweats again; I have a non-productive cough, but no enlarged lymphnodes. Next week I will receive VP16 and BCNU. I am also extremely fatigued again and get short of breathe after walking up stairs.I don't feel sick but that all relative to how sick I've been.My point of reference to sick is now somewhat different.I'm worried do you think the NHL is acting up? My HIV numbers CD4 271/22 and VL undectable,that was done 3 weeks ago and have never missed a dose. My H&H 12.6/35,Plates dropped from 250 to 96 in two weeks. What do you think? I'm worried.Thank you.

Response from Dr. Dezube

I appreciate your concern that your lymphoma may be acting up. I can tell you that itchiness and low grade fevers are not that uncommon. They do not necessarily mean that your lymphoma is acting up. Only time (and scans) will tell. I'm glad that your viral load is undetectable. That's the best sassurance against lymphoma, though there is obviously no guarantee when it comes to lymphoma. Also it's important to keep in mind, that AIDS patients can get fevers due to many other reasons other than lymphoma. It's very important that you get checked out both by your oncologist and your HIV doctor. Ofter my lymphoma patients have fevers and are concerned about tumor recurrence, but end up having an infection. Good luck. BD.

Great Counts but KS won't go away
Does it sound like anal cancer?