|Is it Kaposi's sarcoma or Basal Cell Carcinoma?
Jun 29, 2001
Wondering if KS may be mistaken for basal cell carcinoma (BCC) when biopsied. I have a lesion on my ankle which looks (to me) more like the pictures I've seen of KS than BCC. I'm scheduled for surgery tomorrow to have it removed. Thanks...
Response from Dr. Dezube
Under the microscope Kaposi's sarcoma and Basal Cell Carcinoma are VERY different. I would not worry about a pathologist confusing the two. Many of my KS patients who were sun worshippers have both KS and BCC. Good luck with your surgery!
Hodgkins and HIV; Will my CD4 counts go up? What's the Likelihood of Relapsing?
Is my mouth sore lip cancer?
- HIV Test After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Nipple Sucking Do I Need To Get Tested For HIV
- Odds Of Getting HIV Vaginal Sex Without Condom
- What Are The Chances Of Getting AIDS From Sex With Sex Worker?
- Are Black Spots An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.