|Is HHV8 deadly?
Jun 1, 2001
Dear BD, Is it possible to contract HHV8 and still live a normal life, in other words in latter years not to develop full blown AIDS at some stage? many thanks lkh
Response from Dr. Dezube
Dear lkh, It is indeed possible to contract HHV-8 and live a normal life! HHV-8, also known as the Kaposi's sarcoma herpesvirus, is the virus which causes KS. HOWEVER, most patients, who are infected with HHV-8, do not know they are infected and do NOT develop KS. Only a small portion of HHV-8 infected patients develop KS. You can be infected with HHV-8 without being infected with HIV. If you are infected with both HHV-8 and HIV, then you are more apt to develop KS, than if you were infected with HHV-8, but not HIV. If you are infected wtih HHV-8, but not HIV, then there is no reason to assume you'll develop AIDS. (I sure hope I didn't confuse you). BD
Scared; Guys in the waiting room have died!
- Flu Symptoms After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Hole In Condom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Touching Rectum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Topping With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.