AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

Can weight lifting supplements cause night sweats?

For the past two nights I woke up in night sweats; both times after 2 hours into my sleep. I have been taking a natural weightlifting steroid supplement I bought from the store. It has testosterone,growth horomone, adrenalinum, adrenocortictropic hormone,lutenizing hormone, progesterone, follicle-stimulating hormone,thyroid-stimulating hormone and estrone. Could it be that this pill is causing the night sweats. I'm thinking because it has so much hormone crap in it that what is causing these sweats.thank you very much doctor for your time.

Response from Dr. Dezube

Most of these supplements are harmless. For the most part, they are unregulated, so there is a theoretical risk that one or more of the components may have side effects, which are not well-known since these supplements do not go under the same scrutiny as do prescription drugs. I imagine that the night sweats are due to something else, but who knows, perhaps the supplement has something in it which causes these night sweats; the thyroid-stimulating hormone in it can raise your metabolic rate which can be associated with night sweats. My best advice to you is for you to abstain from using the supplements for a week. See if your symptoms go away. Then rechallenge yourself with the supplements. If your symptoms recur after the rechallenge, you will have the answer to your question. yours, BD.

ks lesion? worried about a lesion
Can I put my "stupid" mistake behind me?