|HIV vs. leukemia
May 10, 2001
Dr. Dezube, this may seem like a rather dumb question, in light of that i'll ask anyway. Is there ANY way a doctor could misdiagnose HIV for Leukemia or are they just 2 different animals?
Response from Dr. Dezube
They are really two different animals. A misdiagnosis would be most unusual. However, occasionally both of the diseases can cause funny looking cells in the blood system. It's not all that unusual for a care provider to call me up on one of his(her) patients to tell me that there are abnormal blood cells on the smear. Usually it's easy to differentiate between the two; on occasion (typically rare occasion) further blood tests are necessary.
Prolonged use of Testosterone and lymphoma risk
Lymphoma info from AIDS research.
- Pain In Urethra After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sinus Infection After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- I Have A Discharge Does That Mean I Have A Std
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.