AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

Are my symptoms related to HIV?

Dr. Dezube, for the pasts weeks I have had swollen lymph nodes on my neck and groin area, I also experinced a continous headache for few days and had like a ulcer type on my pubic area I have been feeling joint pains,and muscle pain experienced a low grade fever and believe to have had a chancre on my mouth, I have shown no signs of fatigue or diarrea, does this sound more like syphilis or somekind of HIV symptoms? (I am planing to do blood tests to clear out whats wrong just wanted to know your opinion and sorry for the long question).

Response from Dr. Dezube

Nothing short of an HIV test will get you the answer to your question. You need to know. Knowledge is power. Please surf Ryan Kull's forum on this website (thebody.com) for more information related to testing. The symptoms you describe can be caused by a whole variety of conditions, not just HIV.

Old ks spots, remaining after chemotherapy
Where do you get lymph nodes on your neck?