AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

Brain tumor, HIV status unknown

dear doctor, I am about 2 years over a brain tumor and have recently returned to work. My question is that if I do prove positive, will my employers know, and from your experience how long do brain tumor victims live after surgery if they are hiv positive. I know that you can't say for sure or exactly but in general. Thank you very much for your time.

Response from Dr. Dezube

Alot depends upon the type of brain tumor you had, the treatments which you received, and how well you responded to the treatments. If there is no evidence that your brain tumor is actve, then even if you are HIV positive, there's a good chance that your brain tumor will not come back. Although HIV disease on occasion can make brain tumors a bit more aggressive, often HIV disease has no impact on the tumor. I really can't give you any type of prognosis; however if your tumor is in remission, you may not need to worry too much. Hope this helps. BD.

Friend with kidney failure and K
Does KS come and go?