AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

KS blister? Do I have KS?

About 3 weeks ago I started to get a red itchy spot between my thumb and forefinger. The next day it started to fill with fluid and seemed to be blister like. I released the fluid, a scab formed and fell of. Now there is a pink circle with a brown ring around it and it is completely smooth and flat. I also have another similar spot about 3 inches up my forearm and on a knuckle. what scares me is that i read a bit on KS and how it follows the cappilaries, and these seem to do that. the spots turn normal skin color when i push on them, but don't seem to be going away. they kind of look like cigarette burns. is this KS? i haven't tested + for hiv yet, but am now worried about it. please help.

Response from Dr. Dezube

The top priority for you is to find out whether or not you are HIV positive. Knowledge is power. Although what you describe does not necessarily sound like KS, there is no way for me to make the diagnosis over the internet. First find out your HIV status. If these blisters persist, please see a health care provider. Often the only way to know if you have KS is to have a small skin biosy done. BD.

Molluscum Contagiosum??
Little red spots? Is this KS?