AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

Molluscum Contagiosum??

What does that mean??? My gyno says i have it..and i really don't know what that means. I understand it's a virus. is it curable w/out drugs? what about sexual activities(including oral, touching)? what should i do? is it very contagious? i havent even had sex for a year and it(these,about 3, little pimple-like bumps) just recently showed up. Although it's possible i had a little bump similar, that i scrubbbed w/ a loafa because i thought it was a ingrown went away. is it known to come and go?help!

Response from Dr. Dezube

Molluscum contagiosum (MC) is usually a self-limited viral infection. Typically they appear as skin-colored bumps which often have a dimple in the center. In HIV-infected patients, MC can be quite severe, particularly on the face. Children get MC quite commonly. MC can be spread from child-to-child via skin contact. MC is also transmitted during sexual activity. They can even spread by shaving. In non-HIV infected individuals, MC usually persist for up to 6 months and then go away by themselves. In HIV'ers, MC usually are more persistent. MC can be readily removed by a dermatologist or other practictioner with a small curette (type of instrument), by freezing them off with liquid nitrogen or by other techniques. My best advice, which I can give to you, is to have your MC removed. If you have them removed, sexual activity should be okay. Hope this helps. BD.

very low platelet counts
KS blister? Do I have KS?