AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

KS and vitamins

I have these small dark spots that look weird. I have been taking vitamins and one of the spots faded, not completely but almost all the way. Can ks disappear like this? I also have leukoplakia which means that my immune system must be weak. Could this be a sign of aids? Recently tested and will get the results this week. Thank you for your time. My doctors are dancing around this question.

Response from Dr. Dezube

Obviously the most important thing for you is to find out your HIV status. I am NOT aware of any over the counter vitamins which can cause KS to regress or disappear. Occasionally KS lesions can flare. For example steroids or a bad infection can make KS flare. When the steroids (e.g. if a patient gets prednisone in the setting of asthma/poison ivy) are no longer taken or an infection clears up, you can see the KS lesions improve somewhat. Patients may mistakenly attribute this improvement in KS to other factors, such as vitamins or some other change in activity of daily living. BD.

KS survival rate
White blood cells a little low