AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

Bowen's "anal cancer" Disease

I just read your article on Anal Cancer, which I was recently diagnosed with. There seems to be no one in my area well versed in the treatment of this, so I am trying, so far without success, to find a doctor who has treated this and can provide me with a second opinion - at the very least. I live in kentucky but will be relocating soon to Florida. Thank you, Michael

There are physicians that are well versed in the management of anal cancer complicating HIV infection depending on where you are moving in Florida. The academic centers are in Tampa, Gainesville, and Miami. But there are also a number of experts in community based programs throughout the State. Good luck!

Life Expectancy On HAART
2 months of treatment follow up