Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Not Alone Anymore In Montana
Jul 27, 2003

Forgive me if this is not the proper place to post but I wanted to get in touch with "Alone in Montana" ASAP. You are not alone! There are many other people in the state who are +. It's just we are all spread throughout the state. I have a non profit organization for educating people about HIV and support for PLWA and their loved ones.There are many things we can do to help you through the hard times. My group is volunteers only, so any donations go to direct services. It hurts to know you have had no support. HIV is not a death sentence! There are numerous meds and therapies for people who are HIV positive. Take a look at my website: http://missoula.bigsky.net/ravaids there is a page called "Been There - Done That, one mans experience with HIV" There is also a message board where you can be anonyomous and can connect you with other people in the same situation. It may feel as if your life is over but it doesn't have to be! A friend passed your message on to me. I wanted to contact you because you are in such pain. But you reached out. You want to find those solutions and we can help! Please at least try talking with us! It can't hurt! There is HOPE!

Jeanne Hatfield Chair HIV/AIDS Education and Prevention Council http://missoula.bigsky.net/ravaids PO Box 1210 Victor, MT 59875

Again apologies for not knowing the policies but I wanted to get in touch with this person ASAP. If you can pass this along to him, he can make the choice to contact us. Thank You

Response from Dr. Dezube

Jeanne, Although I almost never post a specific site, I too was moved by the post to my forum entitled "Alone in Montana". Your site looks legitimate. Hope this helps the HIV positive folks in the Big Sky state. yours, BD

Previous
Hemorrhoids or HPV
Next
Treatment for KS. Should I take chemotherapy or just rely on the fact that my immune system will improve?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.