AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

my mind and my lymphoma

i have lived with lymphoma, non-hodgkins, for several years now. when it was discovered that i had it in vancouver, two years ago, i was given radio-therapy for ten days. now i live in mexico, i'm getting my drugs, but i refused chemotherapy because i believe the dangers and side effects far outweigh the benefits. i could be wrong. is it not true that chemotherapy is linked with cancer? anyway, i'm fine. the only thing is i can't sleep. i have to take one and a half sleeping pills every night. but i am wondering, should i do something about my lymphoma?

Response from Dr. Dezube

I would need to know a bit more about your case to give a firm diagnosis, specifically what type of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma you have. There are many types of lymphoma.

What I will say however is that, for whatever reason, you are carrying a tremendous amount of negative baggage related to chemotherapy. I have many, many patients who are alive today solely becuase they received chemotherapy. You state in your query "I could be wrong". I do believe that you are very wrong when you state that the dangers and side effects of chemotherapy outweigh the benefits. The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) would not approve a drug unless the benefits outweigh the risk in the appropriate patient population.

HIV and skin cancer-- are there special precautions?
Does Panretin gel really help destroy KS? I had lymphoma and now I have KS