AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

KS-like lesions for over 20 years

Hi Dr. Dezube: I had some red spots ( >15 ) on chest for along time (about 20 years). It seems like KS lesions. I just had to test with Anti-HIV1 Oral Fluid EIA. The results are negative. My question is that my body don't have enough antibody for the test or the test gave false results? Regards,

Response from Dr. Dezube

If your HIV test is negative, then most likely you are HIV negative. It would be unusual for you to have KS lesions for over 29 years. If you are concerned about the nature of your red spots, have one of the spots biopsied. Only then, you'll know for sure what it is. In the unlikely event that your lesions are indeed KS, then it would be reasonable to be HIV tested again.

If I remove a lymph node for cosmetic reasons, am I removing something that might be useful?
CMV versus CLL-- what's in a name?