AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

KS transmission risk with single sexual episode

Your work is awesome. my question is simple and i hope this helps everyone here. can a straight man get KS and HIV with single episode of sexual contact. Deep kissing for only once for 10 seconds. What would be the risk probability? I am deeply worried because I am seeing two brown colored lesions about 2-3mm in size on my upper thigh and one on my foot sole.

I beg you to answer the transmission risk through this way. Thanks in advance.

Response from Dr. Dezube

Infection by Kaposi's sarcoma herpes virus (also known as HHV-8 or KSHV) can indeed occur through deep kissing. KSHV is the virus which causes Kaposi's sarcoma. An infection by KSHV is still relatively uncommon, particularly in the straight community. Even if you were to get a KSHV infection, it would be most unlikely for you to develop Kaposi's sarcoma unless you were to have a suppressed immune system from HIV infection.

What would I recommend to you? Please get HIV tested. If you are HIV negative, it would be very, very unusual for you to have Kaposi's sarcoma. In the very unikely event that you were to be HIV positive, then I would recommend that you have one of these thigh lesions biopsied to find out what's going on.

Chronic Lymph NODES? why are they still there?
Generalized swelling of lymph glands throughout the body