AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

Anal burning 24/7

I have been treating a anal burn for close to a year and a half. I suffered form a fissure that was operated on in Oct. 2002. Prior to that I was trying zinc oxide for 10 months and I did a very stupied thing and try putting a liberal amount of aloe lotion( I used an Aloe skin lotion) which I thought would help. It ended burning me couple of days latter and then my bladder was upset for a month and after that a month latter-I started to burn down there-there. Without a doubt I recieved a chemical burn! I have been to numerous doctors and they seem to think every thing is all right -I am just a little irritated down there. I hurt 24/7 and epecilly by the end of the day. It has been close to 1 1/2 year and I am lost for a solution.What would be your course of action? Thank you.

Response from Dr. Dezube

You desparately need to see an anal specialist (e.g. proctologist). There are many causes for such anal burning. I am not sure what you have, but you need to get your butt to a butt specialist. At the very least, s/he should take a good look. Often biopsies and cultures, however, are necessary to truly find out what is going on.

Will prednisone shrink lymph nodes in HIV-infected persons?
Dad's going fast from a double whammy-- CMV infection and lymphoma (help prepare me)