AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

Tender Chest; is this a thoracic lymph node; is it the HIV infection?

I'm HIV+ and not yet on HAART. CD4+ 600 VL 32000.

For the last 6 months I have been feeling a tenderness where my lower ribs meet in the center of my chest. I asked my doctor about it, and he didn't seem particularly concerned.

Do you think I should pursue this further? I read that there is a thoracic lymph gland in there. Might it be tender because of the HIV infection?

Response from Dr. Dezube

The area to which you are referring is a common source of pain. Most often the pain is musculoskeletal in nature. If your pain persists, it may pay to image it with some type of scan. Is this related to HIV or to thoracic lymph glands? Probably not, but anything is posssible. The issue is whether or not your tenderness persists. That will determine how much further testing should be done.

HIV+, Will my lymph node swelling go down if I don't take HIV drugs?
KS Spots- Will my spots fade and how long will it take?