Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Pimple inside anus; How safe are sex toys?
Apr 20, 2003

I had a burning like sensation about 10 days after anal contact with a dildo that had a condom on it. This sensation came and went over the last 6 months. I recently found a pimple like, flesh colored growth about 1" inside my anus. When first pressed, this expressed a great deal of bright white pus. I have no other symptoms, but the burning tends to return after a few days as pus builds up. I have no noticeable discharge or any other sensations. What is this growth?

Response from Dr. Dezube

I would recommend that you see a health care provider. Such a "pimple" could be a variety of things. It could be an infected pustule in which case you should be treated with antibiotics. Sometimes they drain such pimples. This could be related to a wart or a hemorrhoid, which became inflammed. There are just too many possibilities. Please note that a dildo with a condom is probably safe. However sex toys, depending on how they are cleansed between use, can transmit the HPV virus (also known as the wart virus).

Previous
New cancer diagnosis: Do natural treatments help? How about also for AIDS?
Next
Very painful lymph nodes; I have both HIV and cancer. Which disease is causing these nodes?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.