|KS`s Blanche? What exactly does blanching mean?
Apr 5, 2003
In relation to KS, what does blanching mean please?
Response from Dr. Dezube
I have indeed used the word blanching in some of my postings, so my apologies if I did not explain the word. Blanching means that when you press on a red lesion it turns white. If a lesion blanches (i.e. turns white), then most likely that lesion has blood in it and when you press on it, the blood drain out of it.
Acne and hiv
Genital Warts Immunity-- Is the virus eliminated or is it just hiding?
- White Bumps After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Does Doxycycline Treat Chlamydia?
- How Long Does It Normally Take For Your Pap Smear Test Results Come Back?
- Can Hiv Positive People Receive Hair Transplants?
- Can Semen Drip Down The Condom?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.