AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

Acne and hiv

I have always had some acne on my back, however over the past few months it has been really bad on my back and upper arms. I tested elisa negative for hiv after 8 weeks of possible exposure, and dna pcr negative for hiv at 8 weeks as well. I cant understand the increase in acne. Does the acne you describe in hiv patients occur very early in infection? or later during infection? Thank you for your response.

Response from Dr. Dezube

Acne is quite frequent in HIV patients and can occur both early and late in the course of infection. It is more common in late infection. The vast majority of folks, however, who have acne are not HIV-infected. I imagine that if your HIV tests are negative, then your acne is not related to HIV. The good news is that there are many, many good treatments for acne.

Is my rectal tumor from my spouses extramarital affair?
KS`s Blanche? What exactly does blanching mean?