AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

HPV vaccine clinical trials

Dear Doctor Bless you for your work. I am HIV- and High Risk HPV positive with persistent related diseases. I would very much appreciate any information on where I might participate in a clinical trial for vaccines Many thanks RM

Response from Dr. Dezube

I appreciate your volunteering spirit. Finding where clinical trials are is always a challenge. As far as I know there is no single internet site or organization, which lists such sites. Furthermore, when one does find such a list of sites, the list is often not accurate. This is so often due to the fact that trials open and close quite quickly.

I know of three HPV vaccines which are in clinical trials. They are from the Zycos, Stressgen, and Merck corporations. You could possibly check their websites. My apologies to other companies who have HPV vaccines in development which I am not aware of. Often most academic medical centers have one or two HPV experts who can help you. It's often not easy to figure out how to identify who the HPV experts in a given institution are. In many of the cities, the HPV expertise arose from the HIV clinics so that's often where I recommend starting the search. Hope this helps; I'm sorry that I couldn't give you a more definitive answer.

cancer of the lung; fluid being removed
HPV disease diagnosed Today - given the worst case scenario