AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

cancer of the lung; fluid being removed

Today they took 500cc of yellow fluid with some little white particals from a thorocentesis of my husbands right lung. We have been fighting metastatic squamous cell ca; tonsil. They are looking for infection or cancer. I think it is cancer due to the fact that there wasn't any pus or discoloration

Response from Dr. Dezube

You didn't necessarily ask a question. What I can tell you is that if the fluid in your husband's lung is cancerous, there are various procedures which his health care team can provide to prevent the fluid from coming back. Sometimes they will drain all the fluid and then put in one of many medicines which causes that area of the lung to scar down. These scars (fibrosis) help prevent future accumulation of the fluid. I wish you and your husband luck; it's not easy.

Anal pap smear; Could I have picked up HPV infection from my girlfriend with cervical precancer
HPV vaccine clinical trials