AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

Nipple inversion; I am concerned about having cancer

I am a 38 year female mother of 3. I noticed 2 weeks ago that my right nipple is inverting, itching, and I have what appears to be pimples on my nipple. I do have very minimal clear liquid leaking from my right nipple. Also have a lymph node right under my chin, right side, that is about an inch or more in diameter. I am extremely skinny (6'0 and 125 lbs). It has taken me 1 year to gain 8 lbs. I am seeing a general practioner who seems to think that I have an infection in my breast and put me on some cream. I did not react well to this cream. The itching increased and the pimples increased. Have to say that I am a bit scared right now, but trying to remain positive.Do I need to see a specialist? What tests do I need? If any.

Response from Dr. Dezube

Although you very well indeed have an infection (also known as mastitits), I am concerned about your inverted nipple and the liquid leaking. It may pay for you to see a breast specialist. Many, if not most, academic hospitals will have a breast-health clinic. It also may be reasonable to have a mammogram at your age. Has that been done?

KS and Steroid use; Is it safe?
HIV+ with metastatic melanoma of the lymph system