AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

The MRI didn't show my lymph nodes.

I had some palpable lymph nodes in my arm pit, so the Dr. ordered a MRI with gondalium. The report came back as no lymphadenopathy detected. Would you consider this accurate eventhough I can feel a few nodes that are almost 1.5cm? Are these not considered enlarged, then? My Dr. didn't make this clear, his nurse called to give me the results.

Response from Dr. Dezube

The MRI is an excellent scan. If the MRI did not detect any lymph nodes, it would be unusual then for you to have lymph nodes worth worrying about. It's possible that the MRI detected your lymph nodes, but what happened is that the radiologist thought they looked normal enough that s/he would say "nothing remarkable". The typical report, which I see, says just that-- "nothing remarkable"-- it means that they see lymph nodes, but they are not worrisome enough to comment about them.

can CMV or lymphoma do this?
Is it a lipoma or lymphoma?