Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

The MRI didn't show my lymph nodes.
Feb 22, 2003

I had some palpable lymph nodes in my arm pit, so the Dr. ordered a MRI with gondalium. The report came back as no lymphadenopathy detected. Would you consider this accurate eventhough I can feel a few nodes that are almost 1.5cm? Are these not considered enlarged, then? My Dr. didn't make this clear, his nurse called to give me the results.

Response from Dr. Dezube

The MRI is an excellent scan. If the MRI did not detect any lymph nodes, it would be unusual then for you to have lymph nodes worth worrying about. It's possible that the MRI detected your lymph nodes, but what happened is that the radiologist thought they looked normal enough that s/he would say "nothing remarkable". The typical report, which I see, says just that-- "nothing remarkable"-- it means that they see lymph nodes, but they are not worrisome enough to comment about them.

Previous
can CMV or lymphoma do this?
Next
Is it a lipoma or lymphoma?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.