AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

Transmitting HPV to men

Three years ago I was diagnosed with dysplasia - precancerous cells on my cervix due to HPV. I was treated (cryotherapy) and my following colposcopy showed that there were no cancerous cells left. Is there any way that my HPV could cause my boyfriend's genital warts (he's had them for years) to worsen?

Response from Dr. Dezube

It sounds like that BOTH you and your boyfriend have or have had an HPV infection (human papillomavirus, "the wart virus"). It would be most unlikely that your HPV could cause your boyfriend's warts to worsen. Given that you both have or have had HPV infection, both of you need to be checked from time to time.

HIV+ / brain cancer marathon runner-- Too bad we don't choose our fatal disease
Kaposi's sarcoma- what does the future hold?